Represent 250+ Financial Service Providers
Financial services is the firm's most significant area of industry focus. It draws upon the full spectrum of our resources, and involves every practice area of the firm.
A major portion of the firm's practice is dedicated to assisting financial service providers in meeting the competitive demands of today's rapidly changing business, lending, and regulatory climate.
Our attorneys bring decades of industry expertise to help financial clients achieve success. From the boardroom to the back office to the teller line, in courtrooms and state capitals, and from main street to the cloud – we know your business, legal and compliance issues and how to solve them.
We represent over 250 financial services providers in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah and throughout the country. Our emphasis on serving financial institutions provides us with a depth of industry-specific knowledge and experience that is simply unmatched.
Clients include national, regional and community banks, commercial lenders, federal and state-chartered credit unions, leasing companies, mortgage lenders, private equity funds, loan servicers, and other financial institutions.
We service this industry in loan documentation and workouts, regulatory compliance, consumer and commercial collections and foreclosures, bankruptcy and creditors' rights, business and operations, litigation, employment, and real estate.
FWW maintains numerous affiliations with financial service trade organizations, service providers, and national and state attorney networks with which the firm contributes to and accesses significant resources related to financial services:
- Member of and frequent speakers for the Oregon Bankers Association (OBA)
- State Law representative (Oregon) at D+H Legal Counsel Network
- State Law Editors of CarLaw and HouseLaw Legal Network
- Member and Committee Member in Corporate Financial Services and Credit Union Committee of the American Bar Association
- Outside General Counsel Northwest Credit Union Association (NWCUA)
- Frequent speakers for Credit Union National Association (CUNA)
- Member of Equipment Leasing & Finance Association (ELFA)
- Member of Lease Enforcement Attorney Network (LEAN)
- Member of Risk Management Association (RMA)
We actively participate in these networks and are frequent speakers on a wide variety of financial services and compliance topics.