We devote substantial time each year to our community through volunteer efforts and pro bono legal work. The following are a few examples of our civic and professional activities:
- Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic: Several FWW attorneys provide pro bono bankruptcy services in partnership with Legal Aid.
- Campaign for Equal Justice: Mark Wada serves on this board that helps vulnerable Oregonians in need of legal services.
- Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger: Hal Scoggins sits on this board that helps eliminate hunger and its root causes.
- Classroom Law Project: Kim McGair is a board member of this organization that prepares youth to become active, informed participants in democratic society.
- Salvation Army: Paul Migchelbrink is past chair of the Portland Metropolitan Advisory Board whose mission is to do the most good and meet human needs without discrimination.
- Metropolitan Youth Symphony: David Ludwig is board president of this organization that provides music education and performance opportunities for young musicians of all ages.