Marisol R. McAllister
ShareholderBank of America Financial Center
121 SW Morrison Street, Suite 600
Portland OR 97204
Practice AreasBanking & Finance
Practice SummaryMarisol is a master at closing real estate deals because she has experience from all sides so can quickly analyze the issues and zero in on what needs to be done. She steers clients in the right direction and gives them the confidence to make good decisions.
Another trait that helps Marisol successfully close commercial transactions: she is great at developing effective relationships and works well with all parties to efficiently finalize deals.
While Marisol’s practice includes real estate, financial services, and business, she finds real estate development and transactions to be the most rewarding because no two deals are the same. She enjoys diving into difficult issues, simplifying them for her clients, and expanding her level of expertise through new experiences.
Representative MattersReal Estate Transactions and Developments -
Marisol has vast experience advising clients involved in simple and complex real estate transactions and developments. Because of her experience, Marisol is on the Oregon Real Estate Agency's approved list of condominium lawyers. Her real estate representation includes:
- Property acquisition and sales
- Survey and title issues
- Vendor matters
- Development projects including townhomes, subdivisions, residential, commercial and mixed-use condominiums, shopping centers and hotels
- Drafting purchase and sale agreements, condominium documents, CC&Rs, homeowner association documents, and easements
- Representing developers and investors in the ownership and management of commercial properties
Representation of landlords and tenants with most property types (including retail, office, industrial) and other commercial leasing matters including:
- Drafting and negotiating leases
- Dealing with complex build-out issues
- Enforcing leases between parties
- Representing lenders and landlords with evictions
Negotiating and drafting construction contracts on behalf of tenants, landlords, owners, and contractors for various projects including tenant improvements, remodeled homes, apartment buildings and other commercial properties. In addition, Marisol advises clients with construction lien matters and regularly assists clients in resolving lien disputes.
Financial Services -
Marisol understands the complex regulatory environment in which financial institutions must operate. In her financial services practice she represents financial service providers on lending transactions including the following:
- Counseling clients in commercial loan workouts
- Serving as a trustee in non-judicial foreclosures
- Drafting workout and forbearance agreements and deeds in lieu
- Documenting complex real estate loans
- Conducting due diligence and reviewing surveys, title documents, flood certificates, zoning letters, and appraisals
With several years of experience as a business transactions advisor, Marisol is committed to meeting the needs of companies and guiding them through the rapidly changing business climate. Her business services include:
- Entity selection and formation
- Structuring commercial transactions
- Advising clients on general business and liability issues
- Negotiating agreements
- Drafting documents for corporate transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Representing purchasers, sellers, investors, lenders and operators in hospitality related transactions
EducationWillamette University College of Law (J.D. cum laude , 2002)
Willamette University (Master's Degree Business Administration, 2002)
Michigan State University (B.S. Psychology, 1994)
AdmissionsOregon State Bar
Washington State Bar
AssociationsCommercial Real Estate Women
Oregon State Bar Real Estate & Land Use Section Executive Committee
Oregon Hispanic Bar Association
Selected by her peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America
® 2018 for Real Estate Law
Speaking EngagementsMarisol is certified as a continuing education provider by the Oregon Real Estate Agency. She regularly presents seminars and training on real estate, lending, and foreclosure issues to real estate developers and commercial lenders.
PublicationsMarisol co-authored a chapter on non-judicial foreclosures for the Oregon State Bar Real Estate Deskbook series.